STUDIES PROGRAM IN CONTEMPORARY EUROPE (SPICE)
- To help students develop an awareness of the variety of peoples and cultural traditions in the Netherlands and surrounding European communities, and to help them understand the contemporary political, economic, ecclesiastical, and social structures of this region of the world.
- To acquaint students with the historical interweaving of culture, politics, economics, and communities of faith in Dutch society.
- To assist students in recognizing different cultural systems and beliefs, and in understanding more deeply their own North American culture and biblical worldview.
- To aid students in learning or improving Dutch language skills through formal instruction and informal conversations with host families and fellow Dutch students.
- To assist students in developing skill and sensitivity in cross-cultural communication.
- To enable students to think and live as Christians in cross-cultural settings.