THE CRAFT OF CHRISTIAN TEACHING
Table of Contents
- Teaching methods: Tucked in the cupboard?
- Teaching Christianly: What do you think it is?
- Teaching Christianly: Job or calling or what?
- What authorizes you to teach? Some implications of your teaching office
- What are you trying to do in your classroom? The purpose of teaching Christianly
- Discovering your metaphor: What is your teaching style?
- Teaching Christianly: Sketching the portrait
- Teaching Christianly: Sharpening the image
- Where in the world are you teaching? The context of teaching Christianly
- Getting where you want to be: Establishing the collaborative classroom
- What is this thing called "teaching strategy"? A closer look at the how of teaching
- Shall we tell it to them straight, or let them find out for themselves? Direct and indirect teaching
- What kinds of answers are you looking for in your classroom? Questioning techniques in Christian perspective
- How can your students help you teach? Participatory teaching in Christian perspective
- How do you want your students to work together? Cooperative learning in Christian perspective
- How can I teach all my students when they are so different? Celebrating individual gifts and meeting individual needs
- How do you get Kristi to behave? Managing the collaborative classroom
- Jumping the hurdles: Overcoming obstacles to teaching Christianly