We recognize that communication is a gift from God and is central to the human experience. We help students apply life-long effective communication knowledge and skills, and the technology to convey them in today’s world.
- Experienced faculty with many years of teaching, extensive cross-cultural experience, and practical experience with media
- Excellent facilities (our digital media lab is one of the best in the nation)
- Department serves many majors and contributes significantly to the Core Program
- Flexible and accommodating program for students in independent study and internships
Students will be able to
- Understand and evaluate a variety of communication forms and their social and cultural significance.
- Critically assess and apply theories of communication and culture to the analysis of texts and productions.
- Practice the process of forming clear, effective, and normative communication.
- Use forms of communication that help to build community, achieve insight, and accomplish needed tasks.
- Identify and clarify issues to develop and sharpen creativity.
- Demonstrate critical analysis and synthesis of ideas and information.
- Demonstrate awareness of or engagement with varied worldviews and their underlying presuppositions.