The Chorale is the largest of the chorale ensembles at Dordt College with nearly 100 members. Incoming freshmen audition for the Chorale, yet it includes singers from all class levels. They explore varied selections of music, and also give specific attention to the development of vocal technique and ensemble singing skills.
Director Dr. Benjamin Kornelis conducts the Chorale, as well as the Concert Choir, Kantorei, and Bella Voce. His experiences include directing music and teaching at several schools, and singing professionally with Seattle's Choral Arts Northwest, the Seattle Symphony Chorale, and the Sioux County Oratorio.
Recent repertoire include:
- Chester, Billings
- More Love, arr. Davis
- Buenos Aires Hora Cero, Piazzolla, arr. Zadoff
- Tres Cantos Nativos dos Indios Krao, arr. Leite
- Here’s One, arr. Hayes
- The Battle of Jericho, arr. Brown
- Fare Thee Well, Love, Rankin, arr. Calvert
- Bright Morning Stars, arr. Kirchner
- Love Never Fails, Redford
- Peace I Leave with You, Pelz
Anyone interested in visiting a rehearsal of the Dordt College Chorale can come to the choir room Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1 to 1:50 p.m. Prospective students are encouraged to apply for scholarships. To receive more information, please fill out this form.