The Kantorei is an auditioned group of 24 exceptional singers, drawn from the Chorale and Concert Choir, who maintain a busy performance schedule singing in concerts, area worship services, and civic and campus events. The Kantorei focuses on choral literature that is especially appropriate for a small ensemble, including Renaissance polyphony and vocal jazz. Dr. Benjamin Kornelis conducts the choir.
Recent repertoire includes:
- The Farmer is the Man, arr. DeCormier
- Hard Times Come Again No More, Foster, arr. Keller
- Soon-ah Will Be Done, arr. Dawson
- I Thank You, Jesus, arr. Morris
- Te Quiero, Favero, arr. Cangiano
- Amarraditos, Perez, arr. Correa
- Woodpecker, Chatman
- It was a lover and his lass, Harris
- O mistress mine, Harris
- When daffodils began to peer, Harris
Anyone interested in visiting a rehearsal of the Dordt College Kantorei can come to the choir room Mondays and Wednesdays from 2 to 2:50 p.m. Prospective students are encouraged to apply for scholarships and to submit an audition form. More information can also be found in the syllabus or in Dordt's catalog.