Please use the following in preparation for your visit to campus:
For a Dordt College Campus Visit
- You will need to decide which day you would like to visit the Dordt College campus—the best time to visit is on a Friday when school is in session. It would be best to arrive on Thursday evening (between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. if possible) and depart on Friday evening (if you are a local recruit) or Saturday morning if you have flown in (your flight shouldn't depart on Saturday until after 11 a.m.). Click here for a list of Campus Visit Days. We'd love to have your parents come with you for your visit.
- Once you have decided when to visit, please call the admissions office at 1-800-343-6738 (Option 1) or sign up online. Let them know you want to visit and that you are a football recruit. They will ask you some more questions in regard to your visit.
- Scheduling Trips
- DRIVING—If you drive to campus, you will be reimbursed 10 cents per mile—round trip, per student visiting if you travel 150 miles or more one way--up to a maximum of $200.
- FLIGHTS—If you fly into Sioux Falls, SD, or Sioux City, IA, you will be reimbursed half of your ticket--up to $350 (that would be a $700 ticket) We will require a copy of your receipt. These checks are generally sent to you about two to three weeks after your visit. We will provide transportation to and from Sioux Falls or Sioux City Airports if you are not renting a car.
- FLYING INTO OMAHA, NEBRASKA—If you travel with your parents and provide your own transportation to and from Omaha, we will pay half of your ticket up to the $350 amount. Also if you rent a car in Omaha and drive to Sioux Center, we will reimburse $50 of your rental. Again, we will need to have a copy of their receipts.
- We will provide you with housing and meals for the entire length of your stay.
- Your parents must arrange for housing and meals while on campus (we can check on availability of a room in the Alumni House when you call to make visit arrangements. The Alumni House is free for one night and $50 for the second. Ruth Hofland will provide information on the availability of the Alumni House).