The Dordt College Fund
Alumni, parents, and friends participate in the daily work of the college with their yearly gifts to the Dordt College Fund.
Contributions to the Dordt College Fund touch all corners of our campus by providing much-needed financial aid to students and supporting more than 90 programs of study, volunteer and service-learning experiences for nearly 450 students, three organized weekly worship opportunities, the research and teaching of 80 faculty members, and much more.
Simply put, through contributions to the Dordt College Fund, our community of alumni, parents, and friends directly affects the living and learning experiences of approximately 1,400 students. It's our community promise to walk alongside each one of them on their unique journeys.
Gifts for the Dordt College Fund are received in various ways:
- Leadership Gifts Program—Many constituents were visited in person and asked to consider making a gift. In our 2011-12 fiscal year, we received $386,980 through the Leadership Gifts Program.
- Student Phonathon—Almost 15,000 constituents were asked by one of 25 student callers to consider a gift to the Dordt College Fund. In 2011-12, the phonathon raised $215,000.
- Mailings—More than 13,000 constituents were asked to consider a gift through a mailed request. Mailings raised $58,215 last year for the Dordt College Fund.
- Church Offerings—Many churches were asked to take an offering for the Dordt College Fund. Our fiscal year end for 2011-12 reflects that we received $24,845 from our supporting churches.
- Matching Gifts—Numerous organizations offer to match gifts given to non-profit institutions by their employees. Last fiscal year organizations gave $10,945 to the Dordt College Fund.
There is power in numbers! Together, our gifts can do more for each student. Please join us today.
Spring Debt Reduction Drive
The Spring Debt Reduction Drive, which began in March 2012, raised $118,350. The Spring Drive raises funds to make annual debt payments and improvements on our academic facilities (land, buildings, furnishings, and equipment).
Gifts to the Spring Debt Reduction Drive are solicited in three ways:
- Student Phonathon—Nearly 6,000 constituents were contacted by student callers
- Mailings—Nearly 5,000 constituents were contacted by mail
- Church Offerings—Many churches were asked to take an offering
From January through March, student callers contact alumni to ask for a gift to the Alumni Association Regional Scholarship Program. We currently fund a $2,000 scholarship and two $1,500 scholarships for juniors, as well as twenty $1,000 scholarships to incoming freshmen from 15 different areas of North America. Our goal is to increase the number of scholarships we are able to provide allowing Dordt College to assist even more students in need of financial aid.
The Alumni Drive also supports students by funding research fellowship grants in addition to the Alumni Scholarships. Part of all alumni drive gifts provide stipends for capable students to work with professors on research projects during the summer. This makes it possible for students to get hands-on experience as they work collaboratively with faculty.
We gratefully received $82,200 for the 2011-12 fiscal year.
For More Information
Director of Annual Giving
(800) 343-6738 (option 3)