Dordt College offers an accredited major in engineering from which you can select a specific emphasis:
- Mechanical engineers design and develop everything from wheelchairs to solar collectors to refrigerators.
- Electrical engineers develop the systems that move energy and information. Anything you plug in likely had an electrical engineer involved.
- Civil-environmental engineers plan buildings, bridges, roads, and other structures. They also design systems to clean the air and manage our water resources.
- Computer engineers design computer systems from micro-circuit to software code. They work to ensure that the everyday electronic devices we use are both safe and efficient.
- Biomedical engineers create the technology we use to heal our bodies, from medical instruments to artificial organs and prosthetic devices.
Each of these engineers can serve the public in consulting firms, government organizations, manufacturing industries, research laboratories, and more.