Assistant Professor of Psychology
Phone: (712) 722-6038
Originally from Southern California, I completed my B.S. in psychology at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. I attended graduate school in Educational Psychology at the University of South Dakota, where I received my M.A. and Ph.D. I joined the Dordt Psychology Department in August 2013.
I am excited about research in the field of psychology and try to encourage an interest in it for all of my students. I research academic motivation, ability grouping, and math anxiety. I have presented at the American Education Research Association Conferences, the Association of Psychological Sciences Conferences, and the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Conference.
I am married and we have a toddler son. As a family we enjoy being outdoors, whether that means playing at the park or working in the garden; when I have free time I enjoy reading.
I teach the following courses at Dordt:
- Psyc 201: Introduction to Psychology
- Psyc 204/Core 251: Lifespan Development
- Psyc 210/Core 252: Social Psychology of Persons
- Psyc 230: Research Methods
- Psyc 362: Cognitive Psychology
- Psyc 364: Learning: Theory and Application
- Psyc 366: Senior Research Project