Professor of Biology
Phone: (712) 722-6278
I joined the department in 2000. I obtained my Ph.D. in cancer research from McMaster University, after which I did postdoctoral cancer research in England and nerve regeneration research in Montreal. I taught at Crandall University before coming to Dordt. I serve as program advisor for the pre-chiropractic and medical technology programs. My academic and research interests are in molecular biology, developmental biology, and Intelligent Design.
I also contribute to a blog which looks at Reformed theology and science.
In collaboration with other science professors we have active student summer research internships in cellular and molecular biology. Some of this work was recently published. Other research is being prepared for publication while work in several fields is continuing.
I teach the following courses at Dordt:
- Bio 201/202 Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II
- Bio 251 Perspectives on Origins
- Bio 301 Developmental Biology
- Bio 304 Histology
- Bio 322 Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- Bio 323 Bioinformatics
- Bio 357 Medical Terminology
- Bio 358 Introduction to Biological Research
- Bio 380 Directed Senior Research