Professor of Business Administration
Phone: (712) 722-6350
- B.S. Industrial Engineering, University of Illinois
- MBA, De Paul University
- PhD Finance, University of Alabama
- First National Bank of Chicago
- Taurus Trading Co.
- The Crossroads of Poverty and Prosperity: The Impact of Religious Beliefs and Worldviews on Economic Outcomes, CreateSpace Self-Publishing, January, 2013.
- "A Simple Model for Describing the Impact of Worldview on Wealth Creation: The Crucial Role of Beliefs, Civil Society and Business in the Development Process" in Civil Society East & West: Proceedings of the Regional Conference for Europe, Peter Blokhuis, Ed., Dordt College Press, Sioux Center, 2006.
- "Worldview and Global Leadership" in Leadership: Succeeding in the Private, Public and Not-for-Profit Sectors, Ronald R. Sims and Scott A. Quatro (eds.), M.E. Sharpe,New York, 2005, pp. 321-347.
- "Worldview and Leadership: A Reformed Perspective on Country Development" in Celebrating the Vision: The Reformed Perspective of Dordt College, John H. Kok (ed.), Dordt College Press, Sioux Center, IA, 2004, pp. 171-189.
- "Foundations: Development and Civil Society," (co-authored with Steve Hoffmann and Bill Essig) in Civil Society: A Foundation for Sustainable Economic Development, USAID funded joint project between Mercy Corp. Intl. and the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, CCCU Publications, Washington D.C., 1998.
- "Escaping the Web of Credit," The Banner, April 10, 1998, pp. 18,19.
- "The Joy of Spending," The Banner, February 17, 1992, pp. 8-10.
- "Watch Your Faith--Dollars Ahead," The Banner, Vol. 124, No. 43 (December 4, 1989).
- "The Effects of Deregulation on Bank Stock Price/Earnings Ratios" (with H. K. Wu), Financial Analysts Journal, Vol. 45, (Sept./Oct. 1989).
- Numerous presentations and courses taught throughout Asia, Europe and Africa.
- Financial Management Association
- National Association of Forensic Economics
- International Association for the Promotion of Christian Higher Education
- Partners Worldwide
- Graduate Council Fellowship
- Robert Hunt Cochrane Graduate Fellowship
- Graduate Council Research Fellowship
- Co Asia-Pacific Business Outlook Scholarship
- John Calvin Teaching Award
- Corporate Finance
- Economics and Religious Beliefs
- Money and Banking
- Advanced Finance
- International Business