Structure of the Program
Students in the biotechnology program delve into both the technology and the ethical challenges of this growing discipline.
In each emphasis, students take the biology and chemistry courses most appropriate to their goals while fulfilling the requirements of their major and the Core Program.
Students can expect to participate in the following classes and activities in this field:
- Introduction to Biotechnology
- biology and chemistry courses most appropriate to your emphasis
- course requirements for your major and Core courses
- an internship at a biotechnology firm or molecular biology lab (encouraged)
- Biotechnology Senior Seminar, an interdisciplinary course that addresses and evaluates applications of biotechnology from a variety of perspectives.
For more information about the biotechnology program at Dordt College, please contact program director Dr. Tony Jelsma at email@example.com.