- General elementary classroom teaching endorsement — This endorsement is for students who wish to teach in a kindergarten through sixth grade classroom. Students may add endorsements or fields of specialization in areas such as art, reading, special education, music, mathematics, and more.
- Elementary subject area emphasis — This option allows students to focus on a subject area to teach in K-8 classrooms. This is a good option for those who wish to teach only physical education or art on the elementary level, for example.
- Secondary education — This option prepares students to teach a subject area in grades five through 12. For this option, the student will major in an approved secondary academic content area in addition to completing a secondary education major.
- Vertical subject area emphasis — This option gives an endorsement to teach physical education, art, music, or Spanish at both elementary and secondary levels.
- Endorsements — Choices include early childhood, middle school, special education, teaching English as a second language, or coaching.
Associate of Arts Degree
In addition to a four-year degree (B.A.) in education, Dordt offers three two-year degrees (A.A.) in education for individuals who want to serve as teaching assistants or para-professionals:
- Special Education Aide
- Elementary Teacher Aide
- Early Childhood Aide
Master of Education Degree
Dordt College offers a master of education degree program, allowing teachers to earn an advanced degree in as little as three summers, with much of your work done from your own home. Go to the master of education page for more information.