By the Numbers
Here are some facts and figures about the Dordt College engineering program:
- FE Exam Pass Rate: Over the past 15 years, 96 percent of students taking the fundamentals of engineering (FE) exam have passed.
- 4-year Graduation Rate: Over the last three years, 96 percent of graduates completed their engineering degree within four years.
- Internship Experience: Since 2004, 80 percent of our engineering students have had at least one summer engineering experience by the time they graduated.
- Job Placement: Since 2000, we have an overall industry and graduate school placement rate of 98 percent (90 percent in major).
- Graduate School: Over the past 10 years, 22 percent of our engineering graduates have gone on to graduate school.
- Average Class Size: An average class size of 18 students allows us to build a close-knit learning community of faculty and students.
- Enrollment: Our average enrollment (freshman through senior) is 149 students, with approximately 25 seniors graduating each year.
- Faculty Industrial Experience: Most of our faculty have worked full-time in an industrial setting, and three faculty members are licensed professional engineers (PE).
- Integrally Christian Engineering Curriculum: Our curriculum intentionally constructs a framework for developing a Christian perspective explicitly in courses such as Introduction to Engineering (EGR 114), History of Science and Technology (EGR 310), and Technology and Society (EGR 390). All other courses in the curriculum are taught from within this framework.
 The pass rate includes students who completed four years of engineering at Dordt College and took the FE exam in their final year. The 2014 average national pass rate based on takers from General Engineering programs was 84%
 Overall placement data is based on graduate placement six months following graduation.
 These numbers are based on a three-year average. Enrollment in 2014-15 is 165, with 29 seniors expected to graduate.