SOCIAL WORK

Outcomes

Demands on the social work profession continue to grow. Increasing numbers of people with mental illness or developmental disabilities live on their own or on the streets, creating a need for more workers. Non-governmental agencies are adding social workers and counselors to their staffs. And the field of aging services continues to grow.

Our placement rate is nearly 100 percent. Generally, 75 percent of each year’s graduating seniors find jobs immediately and the other 25 percent enter graduate school.

In the past 10 years, almost every student who has applied to graduate school has been accepted by at least one school, including the top schools of social work in the country, such as the University of Michigan, Columbia University, New York, and Washington University, St. Louis.

Possible Careers in Social Work