Thank you for making a decision to apply to Dordt College! You should find everything you need to apply on this page, but if you have questions, please feel free to contact Janna Hulstein or Dr. Curtis Taylor. We would love to help you complete the application process.
To allow ample time for the application process, you should complete and submit an application for admission a minimum of three months in advance of the semester that you'd like to enter Dordt College. For the fall semester, the preferred deadline is May 1st. For the spring semester, the preferred deadline is October 1st.
- Complete an application: Completing an application is free for all international applicants. To apply online now, create an account and begin an application.
a. Create your account
b. Access your application
c. Change your password
d. Click here if you have forgotten your password
- ACT or SAT Scores: You must submit official copies of your ACT or SAT scores in order to be approved for admission to Dordt College. Scanned copies may be sent for review, but official copies or notation on official high school transcripts will be required before an I-20 is issued.
Dordt College's ACT College code is 1301. To request that your score report be sent to Dordt College, visit the ACT Report Request page.
Dordt College's College Board (SAT) code is 6171. To request that your score report be sent to Dordt College, visit the SAT Report Request page.
- English-language proficiency: Dordt College requires a score of at least 550 on the paper-based TOEFL (PBT) or 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) or a 6.5 band on the IELTS for admission of international students for whom English is not the native language. Scanned copies may be sent for review, but official copies will be required before an I-20 is issued.
An exception may be made for non-native speakers who have been schooled in English-speaking settings for seven years or more, or who have sufficient scores on the English-language portions of either the ACT or SAT tests.
- Transcripts of high school or university coursework: Dordt College requires the submission of official transcripts all high school (grades 9-12) and prior university coursework. Scanned copies may be sent for review, but official copies will be required before an I-20 is issued. Click here to download the Transcript Request Form from Dordt College.
- Statement of faith and essay: All students are required to sign and indicate their agreement to the Statement of Faith that is included in the Application for Admission to Dordt College. International students will also be asked to submit a brief (350-500) word essay about their faith background and why they are interested in studying within the Christian setting at Dordt College.
To have an official transcript sent to Dordt College, contact the counselor of the high school(s) you have attended and request that they mail a transcript to Dordt. Transcripts are not considered official if they are sent by the student.
The mailing address is:
Dordt College Admissions
498 4th Ave NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250-1697 USA