The Concert Choir is a select group of 52 upperclass vocalists who dedicate themselves to performing choral literature at the highest level of musicianship, including music in a wide range of styles and genres.
Dr. Benjamin Kornelis has conducted the choir since 1994. His experiences include directing music and teaching at several schools, and singing professionally with Seattle's Choral Arts Northwest, the Seattle Symphony Chorale, and the Sioux County Oratorio.
Recent repertoire includes:
- Prelude, Gjeilo
- Jauchzet dem Herren, Schütz
- Alleluia, Thompson
- And Every Stone Shall Cry, Chilcott
- O Savior, Rend the Heavens Wide, Brahms
- Prepare the Way, arr. Jalkeus
- Nolo Mortem Peccatoris, Morley
- O Vos Omnes, Casals
- O Crux, Nystedt
- Let Everything That Hath Breath, arr. Ames
- O Day Full of Grace, arr. Christiansen
- David of the White Rock, arr. Parry
- Bruremarsj fra Sørfold, arr. Drage
- Pai duli vwihdul ja, arr. Sametz
- The Old Church, Paulus
- Great Is Thy Faithfulness, arr. Wipf
- Horizons, van Dijk
- Freedom Come, Allaway
- Not One Sparrow Is Forgotten, arr. Hawley
- Praise to the Lord, arr. Christiansen
The choir tours extensively throughout the United States and Canada and was selected to perform at regional conventions of the American Choral Directors Association in 2004, 2006, 2010. In May of 2009, the choir embarked on a performance tour of the Netherlands.
Anyone interested in visiting a rehearsal of the Dordt College Concert Choir can come to the choir room Monday and Thursday from 4 to 5 p.m. as well as on Tuesday from 3 to 5 p.m. Prospective students are encouraged to apply for scholarships. To receive more information, please fill out this form. More information can also be found at the Concert Choir's website or in Dordt's catalog.