College is a time to explore your interests and get involved in new and exciting ways.
From sharing your dramatic or comedic skills at the Talent Extravaganza to producing your own film for the Prairie Grass Film Challenge, to displaying your artwork in halls, galleries, or exhibits, Dordt College has a variety of great ways to be involved and have fun doing it.
Here is a small sampling of what Dordt College students can do to get involved:
- Serve on Student Symposium
- Join a club
- Write for the campus newspaper
- Take pictures for the award-winning yearbook
- Perform with a music ensemble
- Play a sport or join intramurals
- Join a campus ministry worship team
- Volunteer in the community
- Intern at a local business or in another country on an off-campus program
- Join the Student Activities Committee
- Act in a play
- Take part in an overseas service project
- Submit stories and poems for the Purple Martin contest
- Work for the campus radio station
- Be part of a research project with professors and other students
- Help build a concrete canoe for an annual competition
- Start your own activity
- Meet for coffee with friends at 55th Avenue
More than 85 percent of Dordt students live on campus, so life in the resident halls and student apartments is exciting, yet relaxed. When you visit campus and walk through the halls and meet students, you’ll see students enjoying time together watching movies, playing games, and studying. Students enjoy roasting hot dogs and marshmallows at a local shelter house, attending concerts and movies, playing games with friends, and traveling to nearby Sioux Falls and Sioux City on weekends.
And if you are wondering what's happening on campus right now, check out our Events section to see scheduled activities throughout the year.