Our students do hands-on design and research. At Dordt you can
- build, design, develop, and test circuits and micro-processors in the electrical lab.
- design and analyze structures using 3D solid modeling (CAD), finite element analysis (FEA), and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) in the computational labs.
- gather wind and solar radiation data, test solar collector efficiencies, and observe wind turbine performance in the solar energy lab.
- fabricate your senior design project using computer aided manufacturing (CAM) and computer numeric control (CNC) machining in the prototyping lab.
- test air-foils in a wind tunnel and measure the impact of a high speed fluid jet on a vane in the thermodynamics lab.
- apply strain gauges and perform tensile tests to answer the question “When will it break?” in the mechanics and materials lab.
- observe and research combustion in the chemical reactor lab.
- analyze soil and concrete samples in the civil engineering lab.