HEALTH AND HUMAN PERFORMANCE
The health and human performance (HHP) department works to equip its students with a reformed, biblical understanding of play, games, sport, and physical exercise for lives of service to God and others. We strive to produces knowledgeable and competent Christian teachers, coaches, health care providers, and recreation leaders.
- High-quality teaching that prepares students for various professions in HHP
- A wide variety of hands-on, relevant learning opportunities (including field experiences, service projects, coaching opportunities and internships)
- Development of a reformed, Christian across a wide range of courses
- A comprehensive advising program including monthly group advising sessions and individual student advising sessions with faculty members
- Three full-time HHP faculty members with doctoral degrees
- Athletic facilities exceed those of others institutions our size
Students will be able to
- Recognize the guiding role of the Bible in unfolding God’s will for the human body.
- Develop a scripturally based perspective and strategies for leisure, play, health, fitness, and competition.
- Acquire knowledge, understanding, and skills in the areas of history and philosophy; of anatomy, kinesiology, and biomechanics; of exercise physiology, first aid, and athletic injuries; of assessment in physical education, recreation, and health; and of the psychological aspects of human behavior.
- Understand the historical context of health and human performance and how to live obediently in a rapidly changing world.
- Demonstrate and model positive attitudes toward physical activity.
- Be equipped for and committed to lifelong learning in the HHP field of investigation.