The Dordt College Campus-Community Band is dedicated to the study and performance of significant literature for winds and percussion. For the last 10 years, we have welcomed community adults and outstanding high school students wishing to supplement and advance their study and performance of band music. Typically the ensemble consists of 55-65 musicians.
Director of Instrumental Music Dr. Bradley Miedema conducts the Campus-Community Band, as well as the Concert Band. Dordt's wind ensemble program also includes the Jazz Band and smaller chamber ensembles.
Recent Campus-Community Band repertoire includes:
- A Festival Prelude, Reed
- English Folk Song Suite, Williams
- Pas Redouble, Saint-Saëns
- Spoon River, Grainger
- Elegy for a Young American, Presti
- Dedicatory Overture, Williams
- Cajun Folk Songs, Ticheli
- El Relicario, Padilla
- Prelude and Fugue in D Minor, Bach
- Orlando Paladino Overture, Haydn
- The Procession of the Nobles, Rimsky-Korsakov
- Chorale and Shaker Dance, Zdechlik
- The Liberty Bell, Sousa
Anyone interested in visiting a rehearsal of the Dordt College Campus-Community Band can come to the Instrumental Music Room (M108) on Thursday evenings from 7 to 9 p.m. Prospective students are encouraged to apply for scholarships. For more information, please fill out this form. More information can also be found in the syllabus or in Dordt's catalog.