Instructor of Education
Phone: (712) 722-6039
I have served as a professor in the Education department at Dordt College since 2012. I teach a variety of courses, including Introduction to Education, Introduction to Educational Psychology, middle school curriculum & instruction, and methods for teaching science. In the graduate program I have taught courses in educational technology and curriculum development & evaluation.
I have experience working with learners at every level from Kindergarten through graduate school, though I consider myself a middle school specialist, as I've spent the majority of my career teaching a variety subjects in grades 5-8. I'm a curriculum and instruction junkie, and I am intrigued by educational technology. I blog about teaching, learning, technology, students, faith, and school culture at http://iteach-and-ilearn.blogspot.com.
Education and Experience:
- Doctoral studies in Educational Technology at Boise State University
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction, Dordt College 2008
- BA in Elementary Education, Dordt College 1998
- A total of 14 years teaching experience in PreK-12, primarily in middle school settings, including:
- 3 years experience as Technology Coordinator in a K-8 setting