- Services & Support
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Skills Center
- Andreas Center
- Business Office
- Campus Health Services
- Career Development Center
- Computer Services
- Campus Life
- Dordt College News
NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Musica Antiqua brings songs, instruments of Renaissance and Middle Ages to life
January 21, 2013
You’ve heard of a bagpipe, but you might not have heard of a bladder pipe. How about a shwam, a zink, or a sackbut? If you’ve never seen or heard these instruments played, Musica Antiqua is the show for you.
Musica Antiqua, a professional touring ensemble, will perform a concert Friday, February 1, at 7:30 p.m. in the B.J. Haan Auditorium on the campus of Dordt College.
Dressed in costumes of the Renaissance and Middle Ages, the performers recreate music and dance from that time period.
The majority of the performers are or have been teachers. After performances the audience is encouraged to come onto the stage to ask questions, examine the instruments, and even play some of them.
For more information about the instruments and the performers, visit http://MusicaAntiqua.org. There is no charge to attend the concert.
- Calendar of Events
- Week of Welcome
- revealCivil War Learning Vacation
- Commencement Ceremonies
- revealDay of Encouragement
- revealDefender Days
- revealDordt Discovery Days
- revealFirst Mondays Speaker Series
- revealGreat Plains Math League High School Competition
- revealMedia Camp
- News Archive
- revealPrairie Grass Challenge
- Science/Technology Building Expansion
- revealSpecial Events & Facility Rental
- revealSports Camps & Clinics
- Summer Camps
- revealSummer Seminars