ALUMNI PHOTO COMPETITION
The Dordt College Department of Art and Design is hosting its first-ever Alumni Photography Competition. All alumni are encouraged to submit photographs that they have taken for inclusion in an exhibition and for competition.
Call for Entries
All entries are due June 15, 2013. Those chosen to have their photos included in the exhibit will be notified by June 30, 2013.
All accepted artwork will be included in an exhibition that will be displayed in the Dordt College Campus Center Art Gallery from August 1 to September 29, 2013.
Best of Show
- Artists are eligible to submit up to three entries
- All forms of photography are welcome. Recent work will be favored.
- Incomplete entries and misrepresented artwork may result in disqualification.
Entry Procedure and Form
- Electronically fill out the entry form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (you may print and mail if preferred)
- Save your photos in a 4x6 size with 200dpi (maximum of three images allowed for each entry)
- Make sure your photo files are saved with the same numbers and titles you use to describe them on the entry form.
- All images will remain on file at the Department of Art and Design.
- Selected works will be matted and framed for installation.
Send or deliver entries to:
If you prefer to send your submission in the mail, please mail a CD and complete entry form to:
David Versluis, art exhibitions coordinator
Attn: Alumni Photography Exhibition
498 4th Avenue NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250
Exhibition Juror René Clement
René Clement is a photojournalist based in New York City. A native of the Netherlands, Clement is co-founder of Borax Foundation for Photography in Nijmegen, Netherlands, and a contributor to the Hollandse Hoogte Agency in Amsterdam. His work has been published throughout the world, and his portrait photography and documentaries have earned numerous awards including Time Magazine's Picture of the Year.