SCIENCE/TECHNOLOGY BUILDING EXPANSION
Training tomorrow’s professionals and citizens requires not only good faculty members to teach and mentor but also good facilities in which teachers and students can learn and work together. Today, facilities need to encourage hands-on, project-based teaching and learning.
Groundbreaking took place in May 2013, and the first phase of construction was completed before classes began in the fall of 2014.
Today, Dordt is in the completion phase of its fundraising campaign.
Having a renovated science and technology facility will:
- Provide project-based learning spaces for research and design.
- Provide a collaborative office complex where faculty and students from all departments can interact and work together on projects that extend beyond the classroom.
- Connect the science building to the classroom building.
- Create a welcoming connecting space that accommodates conferences that can be hosted in the newly integrated campus complex
- New laboratory spaces will have visually open design to show the ongoing activities in the sciences.
The facility will enable Dordt to:
- Continue on the current trajectory of doubling the number of science and technology majors enrolled between 2000 to 2020, without doubling the space.
- Use the foundation of excellence we have in mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology to build strong programs in our applied science and technology major.
- Use contemporary project-based ways of teaching and learning.
- Increase our opportunities to give leadership in the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities in articulating a Christian perspective and Christian teaching from a biblical and Reformational perspective by having a place for conferences and collaborative work.
- Better equip the next generation to care for, cultivate for, and build for Christ’s kingdom in the ever changing world in which they are called to serve.
If you are interested in supporting Dordt College’s ongoing mission and expansion efforts, you can contribute online. If you would like to speak with a development representative about your gift, please call 1-800-343-6738 (option #3) or 712-722-6020 or email the advancement office.