STUDIES PROGRAM IN NICARAGUA (SPIN)
Step 1: Obtain approval from your college/university for a semester on an off-campus program:
- Dordt students—See Alexis Kreun (CA 133) for pre-application materials and instructions.
- Students from other colleges/universities:
- Go to your off-campus office or registrar's office to request approval for a semester on SPIN.
- Print and complete the Dordt College Off-Campus Programs—Institutional Visitor Enrollment Form and get the required signature and seal.
Step 2: Complete all SPIN application materials:
- SPIN application: Preview the application, collect the required information, write your essay answers, then complete and submit the application online.
- Official transcript: Ask for the appropriate request form in your Registrar's Office.
- $50 application fee, payable to Dordt College SPIN.
- Recommendations: Print four copies of the Recommendation Form; print and sign your name after one of the statements; give to two faculty members, one student services member, and your pastor to complete.
- Housing form: Complete and submit this form online (this form is due with the application materials so that the process of selecting host families can begin immediately after students are accepted).
Step 3: Mail your application materials:
- Dordt College Off-Campus Programs—Institutional Visitor Enrollment Form (only for non-Dordt students)
- Official transcript (or have your Registrar's Office send it)
- $50 application fee
- Four recommendations (or have your pastor, two faculty members, and student services members mail them)
Mail these to:
Alexis Kreun, Coordinator of Off-Campus Programs
498 Fourth Ave. NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250-1606
All application materials are due April 1, 2015.