- are excited to explore the biological world, not just learn facts about it,
- desire an education that gives you a competitive advantage for medical or postgraduate training or a career,
- prefer small classes and a friendly environment, where you get to know your classmates well and work alongside your professors,
- want to be involved in original research, even as a freshman,
- and most significantly, want to explore what it means to be a Christian in science,
Then join our dynamic community of students, faculty, and staff in the Dordt College biology department!
There are many original research projects you can be involved in. We will teach you how to ask good, testable questions, and how to develop your skills as a scientist, including making presentations of your work both on campus and at scientific conferences.
Our newly revised program has two degree tracks and two minors for you to choose from, depending on your interests.
Most of our students also work as lab instructors, tutors, or in the stockroom. This valuable hands-on experience will allow you to work more closely with a professor and your peers and it will reinforce your learning.
Be sure to like us on Facebook, where we post interesting stories and department news.