- College of Distinction: Dordt was honored as a College of Distinction, a prestigious designation awarded based on excellence in four areas: engaged students, great teaching, vibrant campus communities, and successful outcomes. Dordt is one of just 5 Iowa colleges included on the list, and the only Christian college in Iowa with this distinction.
- Wall Street Journal: Ranked Dordt no. 1 in the nation for student engagement, saying, "decades of research has found that the best way to truly understand teaching quality at an institution—how well it manages to inform, inspire, and challenge its students—is through capturing what is know as 'student engagement.'"
- Money Magazine: Named Dordt to its list of Best Colleges for Your Money. The ranking highlights an institution's value and affordability. Dordt ranks in the top seven percent of the nation's 4,400 colleges and universities and fourth among Iowa's 32 private colleges.
- Forbes.com: One of America’s Best Colleges. Dordt College is recognized for providing a quality education at an affordable price.
- Princeton Review: Named Dordt College on its 2015 Best Colleges in the Midwest list, citing the Dordt College’s vibrant community life with a student body that is “friendly,” “close-knit,” and “a cohesive group.”
- Washington Monthly: Named Dordt College a Best Bang for the Buck school and lists the college among the top baccalaureate colleges in the country. The rankings are based on the magazine’s measure of alumni social mobility and each institution’s commitment to research and service.
- Business Insider ranked Dordt College no. 352 on their list of the 600 Smartest Colleges in America.
- Faith on View ranked Dordt College highest of all Iowa colleges and in the top 30 nationally.
- Stateuniveristy.com: Dordt College was listed among the top 500 ranked private colleges and universities.
- The College Finder: Dordt College is featured on lists including:
- Fine Business Programs at Small/Medium-Size Colleges
- Percentage of Alumni Who Donate
- Colleges with the Highest Percentage of International Students
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- Colleges with Strength in Men's Basketball: NAIA and Other
- Colleges with Strength in Women's Volleyball: NAIA and Other
- G.I. Jobs Magazine: Dordt is listed as a Military Friendly School, putting the college in the top 15 percent of schools nationwide that deliver the best experience for miliary students.
- Affordable Colleges Online: Named Dordt College to its list of top colleges in Iowa for return on investment.
Dordt College offers many programs that are unusual for a private comprehensive college of its size. Dordt is among a small handful of institutions offering both agriculture and engineering programs. Dordt has accredited programs in education, engineering, nursing, and social work.
- Dordt College engineering and nursing graduates have earned stellar pass rates on their professional licensing exams, exceeding national averages and, on the engineering test, surpassing results from the nation’s most prestigious engineering schools.
- Nine out of 10 pre-medical students, after graduating from Dordt College, are accepted into medical school as compared with one in three applicants nationally. And our alumni regularly report that they’ve felt very well prepared for graduate school.
A long-standing cross cultural requirement means that the world is our classroom. Many students take advantage of the opportunity to participate in off-campus programs or to learn in another cultural context. We maintain academic relationships with institutions in Korea, the Netherlands, and Zambia.