COSTS & PAYMENT PROCEDURES
- Payment in full: Payment is due in full prior to the beginning of each semester. Billing and payment deadlines are listed below. The Dordt College Business Office accepts cash, checks (United States and Canadian* funds), or money orders.
Credit card or online bank payments can be initiated at www.ecsi.net/gateway/dcepay.html. Dordt College uses a third party servicing agent, ECSI, for collection of online payments. This company charges a processing fee of 3.95% plus $1 for all credit card payments made thru this service. To initiate an ACH (payment from your checking or savings account), the company charges a service fee of $1.
*The Canadian Exchange Rate is determined the first and 15th of each month and can be viewed online at www.dordt.edu/services_support/business or by contacting the Business Office at (712) 722-6013.
- Monthly payment plan: Students can elect to pay each semester in four equal monthly installments each semester. An enrollment fee of $50 (for the academic year 2014-15), completed enrollment form must be received by the Business Office by August 15, 2014. Direct withdrawal from an U.S. bank account is required.
Payments can be directed or mailed to:
Dordt College Business Office
498 4th Ave NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250
Statement of Financial Responsibility
Students who do not pay their account in full by each semester due date will not be able to register until their account is fully paid. Past due tuition/fee accounts will accrue interest (9% annual rate) on the unpaid balance until paid in full. Students with delinquent accounts will not be able to pre-register for subsequent terms, receive copies of their grades or transcripts, or receive diplomas until the college receives full payment.
The Business Office will send statements to the student's campus box at the beginning of each month. Statements can be sent to the parent(s) or other responsible party upon written request of the student. Requests can be made by returning the Statement Release Form (note: this form does not allow for the release of information regarding grades or transcripts. Please contact the Registrar's Office for release of any academic information).
Note to students: It is important to understand that as the student you are responsible for coordinating payment of your account. This means it is your responsibility to:
- File all necessary paperwork for financial aid in a timely manner.
- Communicate with your parents or other responsible party if they will be paying for your account.
- Contact the Business Office if you are having difficulty paying your bill.